Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Background

Well I figured I should list why I think I have an interesting life. My immediate family background is just my mother and me. My mother married my father at a fairly early age. My father had my mother move from our home to Texas where he ended up leaving her with a brand new baby and no family. She hopped on a plane with me as a baby and came home. My grandma being the wonderful mom she was, picked my mom up from the airport, drove around fairly good neighborhoods till she found an apartment that would take my mom right away with a baby, set her up with basic folding furniture and some food then left her daughter with her new baby and a typewriter. She told my mom, as long as you can type, you can make money and that was that.
So all growing up, it was me and mom. She put herself through college with me in tow. I never felt as though I was missing anything. You don't miss a father you had never known. You don't miss money, if you never had it.
If this wasn't enough of an adventure, you can add to the list of my accomplishments: Diabetes Type 1 (I got that around age 7), Epilepsy (Age 15), Mutant (long story), Klutz (probably should have listed that first, lol), Cancer, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Carpal Tunnel in both hands and in my thumb, Weak Lungs and so on and so on.
So if I haven't scared you off yet, I'll continue to post stuff as I dig into my childhood, teen life, adulthood and hopefully one day I'll be an adoptive parent?
Toot

No comments:

Post a Comment